Thursday, November 3, 2011

New Projects

I finally decided to start a new project...well several new projects. I have been wanting to make a colorful ripple all for myself. It seems that every single thing that I make goes to someone else. It is so hard to keep things for myself... I love to give to others in my family all the time. But not this time, I have decided that this ripple is definitely gonna be all mine (probably, definitely :)).



I've been eyeballing this ripple for a while now. It is absolutely gorgeous...I look at it several times a day...that is stalking...i know. I haven't gotten very far, but I know that I will finish it eventually. I've been working on it at night in the bed. I like to watch Tv before bed at night...so now I have a project that I can take to bed with me while watching HGTV. Usually I study my signs (American Sign Language... studying for a year now), but now I'll be working on the ripple. I'll try to update my progress on this weekly


I'm also working on these mitts for my niece. She requested a pair in light purple. I have made several pairs from this pattern and actually kept a pair in black for myself. They are soooo comfortable and rather stretchy for crochet. I found the pattern here on Crochet Me designed by Julia Vaconsin.

These are for a 9 year old so I changed the hook size from an H to an F and used sport weight yarn (Plymouth Baby) instead of worsted.



And Finally... this is a sneak peek of my new PIP (pattern in progress)... I got this mohair blend yarn at my LYS for a great deal and decided to make a garment...I'm not telling what it is yet...I'm hoping to finish in a few days and offer the pattern here for FREE!!! All I can say is, it is not a hat, scarf, mitten, or cowl pattern.






10 comments:

  1. Believe me, I understand never keeping projects for yourself! Sometimes you just have to make them at a NON-holiday time so you don't have other projects getting in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors of your ripple! Can't wait to see it progrress!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... it is so hard not to give projects away...especially if someone genuinely loves them

    Thanks Heather, the colors look a little weird in the photos. I should have corrected them before posting but oh well...Hopefully I'll have more to show in a few days

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so beautiful! I love all of your projects. The ripple is going to be fabulous for sure!

    Can't wait to see what you are making with that gorgeous yarn!!

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genevieve, You are so sweet...Thanks so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely projects, you are doing wonderfully. I think sometimes we justify yarn purchases so we can make gifts for others, but you my dear are just as important as all your friends and family so you deserve that ripple and much, much more.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm seriously drooling over that blanket! just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meredith... You're right...I will definitely keep the blanket..Thanks for your kind words

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanni,

    That blanket is gorgeous, I hope mine looks similar. My colors are a little different, but close

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your very welcome! Thanks for letting me share some of your designs at T.H.. Your ripples are looking gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete