Saturday, September 29, 2012

More of Your Chunky Baskets

I just had to share some more of the beautiful baskets that you all have created. Considering this time of year, these baskets are a good idea for holding candy or gifts, or to be created specifically as a gift. I love the colors. The first one is so pretty.


How gorgeous is this green? This was made by Romina from Madrid, Spain. I have to say...Romina totally inspires me. Check out her blog http://damelalata.blogspot.com/. She is amazing

I also love the neutral colors used in these...


These look so much like my own version, but made by Sophie, from France, http://figuierdesophie.canalblog.com/

and this one ...made by Stof, http://kneutsel.blogspot.nl/ Go on over and check this blog out...there you will find a tutorial on how to recycle t-shirts or sheets to create yarn


these colors look so autumny;D...you know what I mean. This one was made by Carol from Wakefield, MA.


and these were made by my dear Meredith, http://mereknits-mereknits.blogspot.com/. She added some pretty embellishments


this one by the creative Ali, http://www.ravelry.com/designers/ali-green


this altered version is so cool, made by Simona from the Czech Republic. She's giving me some ideas here


keep sending me your links...I love to share. I may add some more later. The pattern for this basket is here on my blog.

Today I'm finishing a pattern to post tomorrow so check back with me then.

Oh, and by the way, has anyone seen Sandra K, the winner of the slippers? She hasn't claimed her prize.

Sandra K if you find this post please send me your info so I can send your slippers to you;D

21 comments:

  1. i loooove those baskets! what kind of yarn is that used in the first and 3rd pic? it looks wide and flat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure these are made with t-shirt yarn. I think I want to try one:D

      Delete
    2. Here, in Argentina, that yarn it´s called "totora", it´s a kind of "fabric" or "cloth" (i don´t know who it´s says in english) cut in strips (maybe jersey o poliamida, it´s the name of the fabric). You can make a lot of things with that. Here, is in fashion bathroom carpets made with that product!!

      Delete
    3. Hi Liz!
      Thanks for sharing the picture of my basket on your blog! And thank you so much for the pattern! I love it! My basket (the 3rd pic) is indeed made with T-shirt yarn, or in my case with yarn made from a sheet. That provides more yarn ;-) ! I'll try to translate the tutorial on my blog on how to make this yarn in english. It makes a really chunky basket; firm and heavy. But crocheting with it is like a workout ;-) .
      Lots of love,
      Stefanie

      Delete
    4. As promised, the tutorial for selfmade T-shirt yarn is online in English now: http://kneutsel.blogspot.nl/

      I hope you can understand it. If my English isn't correct, please let me know!

      Delete
  2. Ditto! It must be the t-shirt material that gives those wonderful dusty colors. They are so pretty....I'm going to have to try one of these or more! LOL! Thanks for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz, I've sent you an email with a photo attached of one of my baskets. Couldn't get the link to work so had to do it that way! Might that yarn be bamboo tape? It has the same look. Keep being inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing all of these beautiful baskets, including mine. That green one is amazing, I think I might have to make one. Hugs to you sweet liz,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE chunky crocheted baskets. I have a bunch all over my house holding my many notables!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hola,yo también hice una después de ver la tuya,y algunos bolsos es la primera vez que trabajo con trapillo si me dejas to correo te mando las fotos. BESOS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I made some baskets too!! Here my blog with a few photos!! Thank you so much!!!!!

    http://mamyalaobra.blogspot.com.ar/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oi, Liz!
    Lindas cestas. Adorei!
    Bjks
    San Vasro

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I never got a picture of the one I made before I gave it away to my Grandma for her birthday a few months ago. She LOVES it though! I will have to get a pic next time I visit her! Thanks for this pattern, I really love it and am going to be making a few more of these very soon :)
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them all! I tried to make one last week using twine but my poor hands got ripped to bits. Can't wait to try again with wool instead!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You should try crocheting with roving! That would make a beautiful basket!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Liz! I also want to thank you for the pattern, your baskets are awesome!
    And I've also crocheted one for myself.
    Here a link to my blog with photos.
    My Chunky Basket http://amigurumik.com/vyazanaya-korzina-kryuchkom/
    Hope you like it, and thank you so much for the idea and the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the ones in drab, they are so incredibly simple yet beautiful! I kept wanting to make such baskets to keep stuff from the bathroom in them, but somehow never got around making them. Now that I came across you pattern, well, I just might! It looks like a sign! :)
    You have a wonderful blog Liz, I am so glad I have found it! So nice of you to share your patterns with us! Thank you!
    xx,
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh! All of them are really nice. I love making "trapillo" bags. This is my blog if you would like to visit it.
    http://tamknitting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the pattern, I love everything you share. Here's my basket http://instagram.com/p/WUSdFqHWn2/ made from Zpagetti tshirt yarn. So much fun to make and I get so many compliments!

    ReplyDelete