Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Jewelry Display...At Last

The jewelry display is pretty much done...


I need to add more eyelet hooks so I can finish adding earrings. This tray is not large enough for all of my jewelry, so I guess I'll have to find another tray and make another display to go with this one. 


I added the hooks to the sides for necklaces...I just need to add a few more (and the necklaces). I was too impatient to do that before this post;)


I'm not sure if I want to add hooks to the bottom. I think I'll just save that for the next display.


Here's how I made this thing

It began like this...


Michael sprayed a coat of primer, then used this paint... two cans




between coats


 I then added the hooks and eyelet hooks found at Lowes. To get the hole started, I used a sharp extra pointy knife, then just used my fingers to screw them in. It will make your fingers so sore, so I had to do a few each day for several days.



I'm soooo glad it's done. I'll think I'll go antique-ing next week to find another tray:)
Hope you all have a great weekend

13 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! I saw it and immediately thought "My daughter would LOVE something like this in her room!"

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an awesome idea! I have loads of jewellery and it always gets tangled up!
    Brilliant thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out perfect! Great idea, love the hooks on the side.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea!! I've been wanting to take a picture frame, back it, pad it, punch in nails to hang my neckaces. This has inspired to me to get going!!

    Happy New Year!!
    janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was meant to be yours, looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love it!! I really want to do this now too... Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you! Janettexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY cool and love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful, what a great colour you chose to paint it and what a fantastic way to display your jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your toy it's so beautiful, I like it vey much, I also bought one at wedding dresses
    , If you want one too. can visit this address, The backpacks are beautiful at there. I think you will be love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks fab! I don't wear earrings, but I could hang my pendents in one like this... if I ever find a tray like that of course! A suggestion for screwing in the hooks - use a pair of pliers, jewellery making ones if possible and nylon jawed would be best, but you could just wrap your normal pliers with a bit of duct tape so they don't dent the hooks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I can quote Tina Fey: Crazy GORGEOUS.

    ReplyDelete